American Community Survey 5 year Estimates
Excel spreadsheet for above data, Downloaded December 19,2015 from US Census.
25 Largest Metropolitan Areas by Population of American Indian and Alaska Native Alone: Population and Uninsured Population 2014.
Excel spreadsheet for 400 Metro and Micro Areas with above data, Downloaded December 19,2015 from US Census. Excel spreadsheet for 100 Metro and Micro Areas with data below, Downloaded December 19,2015 from US Census.
100 Metro and Micro Areas
- December 2015 analysis is for AIAN alone UNINSURED
Suggested Citation: Health Care Reform for American Indians and Alaska Natives, Ed Fox, 2016 Website.
Free and unlimited use granted with citation (suggested citation above).
- Select American Indian Area/ Tribe (Reservation)
- The estimates are for all residents, Indian and Non-Indian
- Your own data are likely more accurate but these estimates provide data not otherwise available and makes comparisons (over time and other tribes and areas) possible.
5 Year releases (replaces discontinued 3-year release)
- Allow us to see all geographies (nearly all), not just the 17 states large enough for one year estimates (over 65,000). See examples on this page.
- Reduce error rates for cross tabulations that everyone wants like estimates of insurance coverage in Medicaid, cross tabulated by age, income, and access to IHS.